At Jeddah International Academy, students are prepared to meet the admissions requirements of the most competitive universities in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and the rest of Europe, the Middle and Far East, and Australia. With the support of our dedicated and highly skilled university counselor, we make sure our students have access to their universities of choice.
The Jeddah International Academy University Counselor helps students:
- Understand national diploma equivalence requirements
- Create a superior high school résumé featuring academic achievement, student life involvement, etc.
- Select the most suited university and navigate the college application process
- Use the Online University Application, Common App, UCAS, OUAC, and other platforms to apply to universities locally and abroad
- Develop college application essays and personal statements
- Complete application requirements (letters of recommendation, etc.)
- Prepare for standardized college entrance exams including ACT, SAT, TOEFL, & IGCSE
University counseling begins in Grade 9. The Jeddah International Academy counselor administers general interest surveys and engages students in discussions about their career interests. These discussions lead to more detailed talks about the subjects the students may wish to study at university and the countries in which they want to study. Parents are also involved at this stage. Students are then asked to carry out guided research and discuss their findings with our counselor.
By Grade 11, students begin to become more precise about their university options. At this stage, our university counselor looks into the interests and academic performance of each student, and together with their students agree on a range of suitable universities.
At the beginning of Grade 12, Jeddah International Academy students begin to prepare their university applications with the assistance and close guidance of our university counselor and a variety of tools and platforms including the Common App, UCAS, OUAC, SABIS® UniApp, and the SABIS® interest survey. In many cases, this is an evolving process informed by each student’s academic progress and carefully monitored by the counselor.
Throughout the whole process, Jeddah International Academy students and their parents have ready access to the university counselor and can request an appointment at any time.